Creating New Objects in the Dashboard
While in the Visual Edit mode of a new or existing dashboard (or scorecard), you'll find a button at the top of the page called + Dashboard Object. Click that button to open the object creation wizard.
The following object types are available.
- Grid - Presenting a report with rows and columns.
- Cell - Presenting a specific intersection of row and column from a report.
- Stoplight - A red/yellow/green indicator of a single value based on configurable thresholds.
- Time Comparison Grid - A specialized grid object comparing a trend and/or difference of an identifier over two time periods.
- Chart - A visual representation of a grid report's contents.
Each object has a different set of options available. Selecting an object type and clicking next will advance you to the specific wizard for that object.
Some objects will require use of the advanced options to achieve the desired results.
Creating New Objects from a Report
While viewing a report, you can create a new grid, cell, or stoplight object.
The Cell and Stoplight objects assume the use of the bottom right cell. This is useful for putting bottom totals on a dashboard. To use a different cell or value for a stoplight, you'll either need to modify the MQL of the object or create the object from within the dashboard editor. Even then, you may need to use the advanced options to achieve the desired results.
Creating New Objects from MITS Report
It is possible to create dashboard objects from MITS Report provided certain configuration requirements are met. See this section in MITS Report (version 4) for help with creating these objects.