MITS Report includes many modification options for refining and formatting your reports. These options can be accessed using the Modify menu in the toolbar of any report or from the Report Details pane.
Title and Description
- The Report Title and Report Description can be modified in this section. You can also view the Report Source title and description here.
- You can apply column filters to limit the data that appears in your report using the options in the Report Filters configuration tool. Only columns that have been configured with the Enhanced Column Capabilities feature can be used for filtering purposes.
Enabling Enhanced Capabilities
- Enhanced Column Capabilities allow for the use of sorting, filtering, totaling, and breaking on any column with this feature enabled. For performance reasons, these features are not enabled on all columns by default. It may be necessary to enable these capabilities on a column before being able to use the enhanced features.
- The Displayed Columns configuration tool allows you to add, remove, and change the order of the columns in the current report.
Totals and Averages
- The Totals and Averages configuration tool provides options for including column totals and/or averages at the bottom of the numeric columns in a report.
- The Column Breaks configuration tool provides the ability to add one or more column breaks to your report. When a column break is added on a column, sorting is applied to that column that takes priority over other sorts you may have specified. Identical values in that column are grouped together and an additional blank row is inserted at the point where the value in the column changes.
- This feature provides a way to transform a column’s values into links that will take the user to external web pages. An example use of this feature would be having each product number in the Product ID column linked to the individual products on your company website. Each unique value in the column provides a link to the appropriate product page, based on the column’s value.