Calculated Columns provide the ability to create a column that displays the result of arithmetic, date/time calculations, or text processing function run against one or more pre-existing columns. The full list of available functions can be found in article Column Functions Reference.
Just like with any other report column, there are two ways to add a calculated column to a report: from within the Displayed Columns configuration tool or using one of the Insert Column options in the column menu of the report.
- Click the Add Calculated Column link at the top or the bottom of the Current Columns
- Expand the desired function type list under Available Functions. The options are Date/Time, Math, and Text.
- Select the function to The configuration tool for that function will appear to the right of the Available Functions list.
- In the Column Name box, enter a name for the new calculated column. This will be the name displayed for the column in the report.
- Under Function Inputs, click one of the Click to specify value links to open the Choose a value for
- Select the column that you would like to use for the selected Some functions will also allow you to enter an explicit value.
- If the selected column function requires additional Function Inputs, repeat steps 5 and 6 as needed until all Function Inputs have been specified.
- Click Create Column. This will return you to the Displayed Columns configuration tool and your new column will be available at the bottom of the Current Columns
- Re-order the columns in the Current Columns list as necessary by dragging the columns to their desired locations.
- Click View Report.