If the email configuration has been set up in MITS Report (under the Administration tab), emailing a report will be an option both from the report listing in the library view and from the menu bar while viewing a report.
Setting up a regularly scheduled email of a report is done from the Tools menu in the report listing. The details for setting this up are listed in another article.
Reports can be emailed to another MITS Report user or to external email addresses. Reports can be sent as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, a PDF file, a CSV file, or as a link to the report. If the report is sent as a link, the recipient must have a MITS Report login and sufficient permissions to view the report. In addition, if your MITS Report installation has not been explicitly configured to allow access from outside your network’s firewall, recipients that are not a part of your company network will be unable to access the report using a link.
- From the Reports tab, click Email in the Actions column for the report you want to send via email. This can also be done from within a report by clicking Email in the toolbar.
- The Email Report dialog box will appear. Select whether the email will be sent to an existing MITS Report user or to an external e-mail address.
- If you chose to send the email to a MITS Report user, select the user from the drop-down If you chose to send the email to an external address, type a destination email address into the available text box.
- The subject line defaults to the report heading, but can be changed. There is also a text-box where an additional message can be added to the body of the e-mail.
- Select whether to send the report as a link to the report within MITS Report, as a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet attachment, a PDF, or a CSV file.
- Click Send.