Before you can report on data in MITS Report, you must first have a Report Source that has been populated with data. In this article, we will cover how to create a multivalue Report Source using the new source wizard.
From the Sources tab, click on the New button in the menu and select Multivalue Source. This refers to the type of database connection being used to communicate with your ERP. If you don't know what type of connection you are using, contact your MITS administrator or MITS Support for assistance.
This will open the wizard, where you'll be stepped through the process of creating a new source. Click Next after each step to advance to the next page of the wizard.
1. Provide a title and description for your Report Source, and specify the path to the database account where your desired source file resides.
2. Select the desired source file from the list of files displayed. This will be used as the source file for your Report Source.
3. Check the box next to each dictionary item you would like to include as an available column in your Report Source.
4. Use the drop-down lists to specify the MultiValue Field Type (Controlling, Independent, Dependent, or Single Value) for each column.
5. Select the column that should have enhanced capabilities. Enhanced column capabilities include sorting, filtering, and adding a line break when the value in the column changes. The more columns you select, the longer it will take for MITS Report to update the source. We suggest only enabling this feature on the columns you know for sure are going to need it. This can also be enabled or disabled for any column at a later time in a different part of MITS Report.
6. Click Finish to complete the creation of the Report Source. This will take you to the Sources tab where your new source will be listed. It will be flagged as Update Required since it doesn't yet have any data.
7. Perform a Test Update to populate your new Report Source with a small amount of data. On the Sources tab, click Data under the Actions column of the new Report Source and select Test Update. MITS Report will attempt to add 100 records to the new Report Source. If the test update was successful, you can view the data that was added to Report Source by clicking Data under the Actions column of the Report Source and selecting View All Data.
Once a Report Source has been created and contains data, it will become available to report against in the Reports tab.