Java and Tomcat Upgrades
We have upgraded the versions of both Java and Tomcat used within MITS Discover and MITS Report to version 9. Doing so enables us to use newer libraries that in turn support some new features. It also means we are no longer producing 32bit versions of our installer. New OS requirements can be found here.
- 55120: Upgrade to Java to 9
- 55115: Upgrade to Tomcat 9
Unified Installer Changes
As a result of the 64bit OS requirement in our upgrade to Java 9 and Tomcat 9, we had to also make some changes to our installer. In doing so, we made these additional fixes.
- 55143: Added a new section to the Unified Installer warning a user if they are using an unsupported OS/server version.
The Unified Installer now will prevent installing on an excessively old version of Windows, and will warn on a version that is not recommended.
- 55038: Updated Unified Installer workflow to allow single product installation.
When installing MITS Report, the installing user has the option to choose to complete the installation process without specifying Universe installation data.
- 55208: Unified Installer should advise you to contact MITS Support for help if you try to update a standalone instance of MITS Discover or MITS Report
When attempting to run the unified installer on top of a standalone instance of MITS Discover or MITS Report a new message will direct the user to contact MITS Support.
- 51891: Unified installer - MITS Report connection bugfix
Fixed an installer issue that could produce the wrong integration URLs between MITS Discover and MITS Report when moving back to a previous installer screen.
- 52158: Unified installer - Overwrites previous username buxfix
The Unified Installer will preserve the database username on upgrades, rather than replacing it with the current Windows username. New upgrades on Windows will include the domain in the username.
- 55018: Unified Installer - Does not update the properties files if the HTTP port changes during install.
When changing the http port of an installation during upgrade, the integration URLs between Report and Discover are updated with the new port.
- 54724: Improve messaging about default install location in Linux installer
The Unified Installer for Linux has a more helpful message about the previous installation directory.
- 55146: Error occurs during installation action AddWindowsFileRightsAction.
The Unified Installer now provides more helpful error messages when something goes wrong.
- 55129: Move the Unified installer for Linux away from init.d to systemd to prevent services starting before dependencies started.
When installing on Linux, if systemd is available, it will be used for the MITS service.
- 55145: Unified Installer is not removing the unnecessary (and deprecated) JVM command line options.
This fixes an issue in the Unified Installer while attempting to remove certain properties from MITS.vmoptions which are no longer supported in the JVM.
- 55238: Unified Installer potentially auto-suggests installing into incorrect directories
This changes the behavior of a certain workflow where the Unified Installer auto-suggests the installation path.
- 55041: Error occurs in the Unified Installer error about com.mits.rediscover.actions.WriteTelnetScripts failed.
Fixed an issue with the Unified Installer where an error could occur during writing telnet scripts if only MITS Report is being installed.
- 55294: MITS installer now provides a warning if it notices a standalone installation on the same server.
- 55132: The MITS installer now reminds you to license or re-license it after installation.
MITS Expression Language
In order to support new types of dashboard object logic, we've added another language to create and execute a new type of dashboard container. MITS Expression Language (MEL) expands the way MITS can make use of Java.
- 55222, 54836: MEL Expression Support And Conditional Container Dashboard Object
We have added a new dashboard option called a Conditional Container. It allows you to display or hide dashboard objects based on the results of a boolean test. Documentation about the new container can be found here.
- 55214: Added support for MEL expressions for stoplight boundaries, and time comparison row trend and difference boundaries. Also added MEL expression support for the STOPLIGHT and CELL TEXT_AFTER attribute.
- 54996: Add Quarter To Date (QTD) eons to the standard relative eon loader
Cubes with daily resolution now produce quarter-to-date eons such as QTD and QTD-4 for the current quarter and the same quarter in previous years.
- 55359: When creating a new dashboard object, the cube is defaulted to the cube in the prompt sequence.
- 55296: When modifying a dashboard grid, columns are not removed from the linked report when removing them from the query.
- 55274: Column overrides are now shared between reports and dashboard objects.
- 55313: Added functionality to allow a user to cancel a pending cube build that is set to run, but that is not yet running.
- 55315: GRID and DETAIL.GRID dashboard objects now include HREF on new dashboard objects by default.
- 55317: Now providing more useful messages for the error "The database unexpectedly stopped sending data".
- 55321: Added day of week to date on MITS Discover cube build history.
- 55374, 55319: Updated some product icons.
- 55145: Restored support for DETAIL.HTMLS.
- 55132: Users are reminded to relicense after an upgrade.
- 55320: Improved the workflow when modifying prompt values on iOS.
- 55347: Modified the message at the end of the list of 100 letting users know how to optimize the list using Search.
- 55249: Update Help Link to HTTPS
We now use use https://help.mits.com instead of http://help.mits.com. Existing urls will not be updated. If they are using http://help.mits.com, they'll be redirected.
- 55100: Memory Leak: Frequent exporting of Excel files causes a growth in the memory heap that does not get released.
The updated certain MITS files to fix an issue with memory leaks involving Excel exports.
- 55101: Memory Leak: Logging during email actions does not remove added wrappers from logging objects.
Fixed small resource leak whenever an email was sent.
- 54558: Cube that has a Custom Column Template Loader that has not built throws exception on Manage Users
Fixed an internal error on the Manage Users page in a rare circumstance that made the cube invalid.
- 54972: Dates on reports and in dashboard objects are no longer formatted by locale when viewing the main grid
*Date columns shown on reports and in dashbords now will use the same date format as dates shown elsewhere in the product. Report export and detail display are still formatted by the server and may use a different format.
- 55219: Identifiers with a backslash in the Title field cause library pages to filter incrorrectly based on ROOT restrictions.
Fixed the report listing page when a cube's identifier has backslashes, and when the current user has identifier restrictions.
- 54755: DETAIL.GRID Filter returning multiple values uses the value in the filter
Fixes a bug when adding an item from report to a dashbard that has a filter on a column that implies multiple values could be used for the dashboard's prompt(s)
- 55137: Report with no HEADING parameter causes NullPointerException when exporting to PDF.
Fixed Report with no HEADING causes NullPointerException when exporting to PDF.
- 55175: Internal error when using copy button on broken dashboard objects
Fixed an issue where attempting to use the copy button on certain types of broken dashboard objects.
- 55243: Run-as Users Menu only shows users with access to the library AND no identifier restrictions that would prevent the user from running the report. If the content is invalid the the list will be empty.
The Run-as User menu for setting up emailed now only shows users with access to the library AND no identifier restrictions that would prevent the user from running the report.
- 55242: Scheduled build jobs that are pending don't always show they are pending
Modified the scheduled build listing in the hypercubes tab to show pending builds that have been triggered by the Quartz scheduler
- 55240: External POT can sort or filter wrong on some external columns
Fixed bug on sorting and filtering of Percent of Total on external columns.
- 55167: Multivalued bang field values gets the wrong scaling and probably should not be offered
Related fields from identifier dictionaries now will be blank if the data is multivalued.
- 55172: Eon Accelerator - "Remove Columns With Eon" is unclear
Wording changed to Remove Columns With Time Period
- 55169: Manually enter ID on dashboard prompt makes the description not show up in the breadcrumb
Fixed an issue where manually inputting a prompt for a generated path dashboard was causing the dashboard prompt value to not show the description.
- 55126: Allow drill across with invalid dashboard values
Fixed issue where drill across would fail for dashboards where the dimension id could not be found in the cube the dashboard was built upon.
- 55046: MITS Discover sometimes won't start up when terminated in the middle of a build and it tries to send a notification
Fixed an error that can rarely prevent the product from starting, if MITS Discover crashes at the beginning of a build job, and build notifications are enabled.
- 55027: Typo in support email.
Fixed a typo in the generated support emails.
- 55245: Calculating a Percent of Total on another Percent of Total column doesn't work
Fixed the Percent of Total function to account for the unlikley event that someone tries to use it with another Percent of Total function as an argument.
- 55261: Null Pointer exception in log for scheduled emails with deleted run as users
Fixed an issue where an e-mail operation that was scheduled to send and then was subsequently deleted wasn't removing the Quartz trigger, causing an error.
- 55119: GRID object - blank title still shows grey bar
Adjusted the look and feel of the grid dashboard object so that the title bar associated with the grid is not shown in when the grid object does not have a heading.
- 54990: Manage users page takes a long time to load when many users have permission to nonexistant cubes
Fixed: performance of user listings page is improved, especially in cases of users having restrictions on nonexistent cubes
- 55068: User/template system permissions page still mentions Column Maintenance even though we have no such feature currently
The permission is no longer displayed in the template permission page.
- 55062: Firefox: Unable to download build log file when job is running
Fixed an issue where Firefox was unable to download logs for a running build job.
- 54928: A chart that filters on a bad column shows an untrue error message about "A filter has been removed due to security."
Changed the chart validation process to not show erroneous messages about sorts/filters being removed due to security reasons.
- 55151: Security fix
- 55298: Scheduled emails removed too quickly. Changed the logic used for scheduled reports to fix an issue where scheduled emails on invalid reports were getting incorrectly classified as missing, which was causing the email not to send and then automatically removing the email scheduling event.
- 55392: Fixed an issue where viewing a CHART object in a sidebar dashboard a clicking the dashboard object link would open up the chart page in the sidebar dashboard, rather than the main frame of the page.
- 55299: Fixed race condition that could occasionally cause "Previous log file couldn't be deleted..." error.
- 55329: Fixing an issue where the text of dashboard grid column headings could wrap unexpectedly.
- 55345: Now able to cancelling a MITS Report source extraction that has been set up to run in MITS Discover.
- 55365: Removing Trend or Difference columns from a TIME.COMPARISON object now also removes the MWML attributes for that column
- 55296: Removing columns from a dashboard grid object no longer removes it from the HREF
- 55374: Fixed the shortcut icon to use the new icon
- 55334: When unified authentication is set up, in MITS Report and MITS Discover both, the link to the other product won't appear until it's actually valid to click on.
- 55367: Formatting changes for sidebar display on mobile.
- 55379: Fixed a race condition that could cause the error, "Previous log file couldn't be deleted: <mits install path>\cubebuilder\bin\..\data\buildLogs\BuildLog.txt" error.
- 55382: Fixed error if cubes haven't finished loading when the cube build starts.
- 55415: Reintroduced support for the DETAIL.HTMLS feature that can add external product links to detail display cells.
- 55418: Improved error message when attempting to reach the legacy main grid.
- 55246: The modals for creating dashboards and dashboard objects now only offer cubes that are reportable.
- 55248: Fixed display of column headings in detail display to wrap long column headings as needed.
- 55249: Updated Help links to use HTTPS
- 55447: The "training" link now goes to learning.mits.com
- 55451: Update the licenses and credits.
- 55133: MITS.LOAD on Windows retains a handle to the MITS.WORK file preventing it from being deleted.