A Word About Version Numbering
With the continued efforts to bring MITS Discover and MITS Report closer together, and with the changes to the versions of Java and Tomcat used by both MITS Report and MITS Discover, we have decided to unify the major version numbers for two products.
Starting with this release (version 12) MITS Discover and MITS Report will share the major release numbering. The previous version of MITS Report was 4.0.2. The new version is 12.0. There are no releases between. Don't feel like you missed out on several versions.
Java and Tomcat Upgrades
- 55116: Upgraded to Tomcat 9
We have upgraded the versions of both Java and Tomcat used within MITS Discover and MITS Report to version 9. Doing so enables us to use newer libraries that in turn support some new features. It also means we are no longer producing 32bit versions of our installer. New OS requirements can be found here.
- 55203: Added support for cData ODBC driver
Direct JDBC-ODBC support was ended by Oracle in version 8 of Java. We have added a configuration option for ODBC connection support using a third party driver.
- 55314: Added the ability to cancel pending source extractions that are queued to run, but that have not yet started the extraction process.
- 55237: Changed Support link to be a direct email link. Also added Training and Help links to the help icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- 55356: Assorted improvements in logging
- 55381: Added MITS.vmoptions to the zipped logs download package.
- 55405: TLS 1.0 can now be disabled in the server XML file.
- 55327: Added the 'Training', 'Help', and 'Contact Support' links to a new menu in the upper right corner of the application.
- 55170: Added logging around sending emails associated with source extractions.
In the report source build details modal, sending the email no longer counts towards the total time for the extraction.
- 55184: Unable to export to CSV properly
Fixed issue about SYLK (symbolic link) format when opening a CSV export.
- 55253: Scheduled Updates - completed time is actually start time
Fixed an issue in the report source listing page where the timestamp shown for completed builds was showing when the build started, rather than when the build completed.
- 54488: Failed login attempts are not recorded in the recent users log
A message including the entered username for failed logins is now written to mitsreport-recent-users.log.
- 55263: MultiValue relational extracts date columns off by a day when JVM in certain time zones
Areas that had timezone changes since the PICK epoch were coming out in an extraction as the previous timezone, and so were off by 1 month. This has been fixed.
- 55106: Frequent exporting of Excel files causes a growth in the memory heap that does not get released.
Updated the version of MITS files to fix an issue with memory leaks involving Excel exports.
- 55105: Emailing anything from MITS Report causes a growth in the heap due to wrapping the System.out
Fixed small resource leak that happened whenever an email was sent.
- 55104: Report source update does not show completed on the Source page.
On the sources listing page, completed sources now say "Completed" in addition to the timestamp.
- 55185: Emailing inside a report - modal sits there until ready to send
Changed the behavior of the e-mail send modals so that sending an e-mail disables the modal until the e-mail send completes.
- 55189: Remove certain references from webservice tester examples
Updated the examples in the webservice tester to be more helpful, including comments and more helpful error messages.
- 55247: Selecting Cancel on Automatic Report creation actually completes the creation
Fixed an issue where setting up a new scheduling trigger and then failing to save that trigger threw up a warning to the user asking them if they wished to continue without saving the unsaved trigger but ignored the user's response.
- 53413: Scheduled updates not showing pending when queued
Added behavior in the report source listing view that shows pending report sources extractions that are pending due to Quartz triggers.
- 52119: Web API - List Relational connections - Simple not complete
This fixes an issue where webservice calls that retrieved information for simple connections wasn't returning all the relevant information.
- 55187: Race condition around deleting data stores produces spurious DataStoreNotFoundException
Fixed a rare issue where deleting a data store could cause later errors when doing operations on other data stores.
- 54756: PDF export - if a time field exists, it wraps incorrectly
Fixed an issue in MITS Report pertaining to the PDF export process where if the last column of the report is a time column and the width of the header for the column is smaller than the column itself, and the report needs to be shrunk down to fit the full contents on to the page, the time column's width was slightly smaller than it needed to be, causing the values in the cells for the column to be split across two rows.
- 54942: Report service API dropdown is not populated with API calls
This restores UI functionality to the api page that broke in all versions of report when the link to the library went dead
- 55141: Security Fix
- 55364: Removed the Print option on reports.
- 55369: Fixed issue where the Refresh button on the Sources tab would stay highlighted after being clicked.
- 55387: Improved messaging on email attempts to disabled user accounts
- 44660: Removed duplicate logging related to the message, "trigger already exists with this identification".
- 55367: Discontinue displaying dashboards and scorecards on the sideboard when viewing on mobile devices.
- 55445: Improved error handling when report source updates fail severely.
- 55450: Updated licenses and credits.